Monday, July 13, 2009

headboard project as promised

I got the idea for this off theNest.com, a "sister" site from theKnot.com - a wedding planning site which served as my insanity while wedding planning last fall. TheNest.com is estentially a site for newlyweds/newlywed wifeys. Topics range from finicial advice to the best way to display all those wedding photos. Also on there is a large section devoted to home buying and remodeling; I adore this section!

Here are a few of theNest's headboard photos:


After some more online research, (thank you bejane.com!), and enlisting the help of my mom, this was created:


I love how the buttons add some contrast with the pumpkin orange & cream!



I also made some throw pillows out of fabric with the same two colors and smaller buttons. The husband was impressed!

Note: If you do decide to do this, make sure and get upholstery fabric. It will hold up better to the stretching and pulling you'll do. Also, run it through the dryer and give it a good iron to make a bit more plyable.

For full instructions and beautifully simple illustrations please visit my dear friends at bejane.com.

Have you completled a headboard project? Do you have photos? Any advice for those attempting to try this project?


No comments:

Post a Comment